* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [2004-01-30T12:55:38]
> Thank you, but I was hoping to have a editor compatible with Redhat and or
> HP and or AIX that gives you a color coded interface, such when there is a
> syntax error it color codes it in red.  If you have ever seen or used a VB
> editor you know what I mean.  Currently I use vi all the time, does vim
> have this color ability?

Vim will syntax highlight, by marking variables and regex and a few
other things like that.  It can't find syntax errors, although it may
help make some clear.

Syntax errors in Perl are very hard to find without running perl.  "Only
perl can parse Perl."

--
rjbs