Hi All,

I have samll piece of code in which a subroutine is calles in unusual way .

#/usr/local/bin/perl

BEGIN {
        $ENV{ORACLE_HOME} = '/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5';
}

my $VENTURA_BASEDIR = '/home/www/highered/mdb';
my $FTP_PATH = 'ftp://ftp.prenhall.com/incoming/booksellers';
use AWL_Ventura_Document;
use DBI;
use Carp;
use strict;

if (scalar(@ARGV) != 1) {
        print "Usage: cpm_feed.pl [filename]\n";
        exit(0);
}

my $DATALOAD_FILE_NAME = $ARGV[0];
my ($USERNAME, $PASSWORD, $SID);
$USERNAME = 'pinfo';
$PASSWORD = 'pinfo';
$SID = 'hemdaprd';
# Turn I/O buffering off.
$| = 1;

exit &main; # I have never come across such sub routine call ? Is it
combining 2 call ? Namely - &main and then exit with the return value of
main routine ?

# after this I have the definition of the sub routine main
sub main {