On Feb 4, 2004, at 1:38 PM, David Byrne wrote:

Greetings,

Hello.

I’m trying to generate a tree of nested hashes [of an
arbitrary size].

I'm trying to run the code you posted, so I can see what the heck is going on. That's not going well for me either. <laughs> My processor usage spikes through the roof, but it doesn't seem to get anywhere. Does this run for you?

Perhaps you could suggest a better solution.

Perhaps. I know you're building some sort of hash tree, but I have no idea why. Can you tell us what you're aiming for?

Currently I'm trying to use symbolic references according to the literature but without much luck.

My opinion is that we can do better than symbolic references, yes. Unfortunately, I don't understand what we're trying to do. Take a step back and explain the problem to us, if you would, not the problem with the implementation.

James