For Quality purpouses, Markham, Richard 's mail on Thursday 05 February 2004
04:27 may have been monitored or recorded as:

> How can I simply remove all elements in an array, given that the array
> is global and a procedure defines the elements to where the total
> number of elements in this array could be very well be less.
>
> I have tried @array = (); but this seems to affect the arrary in that
> it wont take any element assignments afterwards.

well
---snip---
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
my @array=qw/1 2 3 4 5 6 a s d f g/;

print "Length for blank: ", scalar @array,"\n";
print "$_ " foreach (@array);
@array=();
print "\nLength after blank: ", scalar @array,"\n";

---snap---

does it.

@array=(); is the way to go:
I guess your proble is somewhere else.

> Do I need to iterate through each element and blank the out?

"...making easy thigs easy and hard things possible" - heavans no!

wolf