On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:07:50PM +0200, Angel Kolev ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Exuseme for my bad english.
> How to get info for CPU: overloading, parameters, status .. etc for Windows
> and Linux? I wanna use that in my perl script.

Your English is fine:)

A good place to start for questions such as these is -
http://search.cpan.org/
to check if someone has already solved this problem.

A search for cpu at -
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpu&mode=module
netted what looks to be three possibilities for you:

Sys::CPU
Linux::Cpuinfo
Sys::CpuLoad

Another option for some of the info would be to use perl to
parse the /proc files pertaining to your CPU such as /proc/cpuinfo
on your Linux system(s).

Windows, sorry, I have no clue.
Kent

--