Hello

I'm having tough time trying to solve a problem at some regex. I have
several pictures for cars, and want to use a script to create some HTML
files using those pictures.
For each car, I have three pictures named e.g. jeep.1.jpg, jeep.2.jpg
and jeep.3.jpg.

What am trying to do now, is to use a regex to select the three picture
of each car brand, and assign to an array e.g. @pictures. Further down
in my script, I'll assign each item my @pictures to a scalar - like
jeep.1.jpg to $picture1 and so on. The pattern matching that I wrote is
working.

Below is an uncompleted subroutine for that purpose:

sub product_img {
   my ($image, @bigger, @smaller);
   if (-d "images"){
      opendir (IMAGESDIR, "images") || images_error;
      while(defined($image = readdir(IMAGESDIR))){
          if (-f $image && $images =~ /(*\.gif | *\.jpe?g)/)$i){
              if ($image =~ /[A-Za-z]\.[A-Za-z]/i)){
                  push (@bigger, $image);
              }else {
                 push ($smaller,$image);
              }
               foreach (@bigger){
                  my @rest_img = grep //

               }

          } else { die "There isn't any pictures in the specified
folder!"}

      }

   }else {

I only need help to get my pattern matching to work.

Thanks Guys