On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:19:05PM +0100, Anthony Vanelverdinghe ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

Bottom posting in the future would be much appreciated.

> Thanks!
> But the problem is the following:
> the user has to enter an url and now i want to put "http://"; always in
> front (and show it on the screen) so that the user doesn't have to enter
> this everytime.

OK sorry, I'm at work and thought I saw a couple of quick questions I
could answer.  Below is another quick example of one way to handle
what you are trying to do.  I just threw the check in there in case a
person actually typed http://http://whatever.com.  I know that isn't
very likely but .....

#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;