Platform:  Dell 8400 with 9.2 and XP Prof. SP1

I have read a lot of documentation and still can't get PERL to work on my PC.  Can
someone step me through the process.  Please keep it simple because I am new to PERL
and don't have a good understanding of the jargon.  My Oracle 9.2 has PERL installed.
My PERL release is 5.00503 and located at
C:\oracle\ora92\Apache\perl\5.00503\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl5.00503.exe.

I know this release is not up to day but I don't care at this time.  All I want to do
is get into PERL and get it working on my machine and then I can update to the newest
release.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, but please keep it simple.

Thanks much,
Ken Janusz, CPIM