Is there an easy way with DBI (or anything other modules) to retrieve and modify the layout of database tables in a MySQL DB? I need to write a program to add 2 fields to ~40 tables with an identical layout. The tables are named "m"mmyy where "m" is an actual 'm', mm is a 2 digit month, and yyyy is a 4 digit year. If the table doesn't exist, I want to create it with the same layout as all the rest. I can write a program that does this the hard way, but before I started, I wanted to know if there was an easier way.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator