Hi, I saw this neat trick while looking at AppConfig.pm on CPAN.  It lets
you define configuration variables in a file and, having read them, access
them either by name-as-string OR as a function having the name of the
variable, like so (copied from the CPAN documentation):

    # create/define combined
    my $config = AppConfig->new(\%cfg,
    $varname => \%varopts, $varname => \%varopts, ...);

    # set/get the value
    $config->set($varname, $value);
    $config->get($varname);

    # shortcut form
    $config->varname($value);
    $config->varname();

It's that last part labeled "shortcut form" that I'm interested in.

I've read through the module's code once and didn't catch the part where
they auto-define the var-named functions for you.  What should I be looking
for, and/or how would one implement this?

Obviously I could just write subroutines having the same names as
configuration variables, but it's the "automagically appears" aspect that
looks especially useful.

TIA.