Christian> I have a question regarding process-control. I want to
Christian> write a perl script which must not running in more than one
Christian> process in the same time. The script creates a directory
Christian> copys a zip-file in it, unpack it and reads every file in
Christian> this package. However, the files must not get opened by
Christian> another process.  How can I make sure, that my perl-scipt
Christian> runs only in one process, or eaysier, is there a function
Christian> "flock" which blocks a whole directory and not only a
Christian> single file?

See "There Can Be Only One (the HIGHLANDER solution)" at
<http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col54.html>.