Harry Putnam wrote:
I'm getting this output on stderr from a next clause:
  Exiting subroutine via next at ./test_bol.pl line 101.

I wondered why this happens. Is it considered an error or what?

The script is lengthy so not posting it here but the next does exit a
sub routine.  That is why I put it there.  So how do I quiet perl
down about this?

Use 'return' to exit from a subroutine. Use 'next', 'redo', 'last', and 'goto' to alter the execution path in loop constructs; they must appear /inside/ the block owned by the loop construct or within a sub-block.

Randy.