Harry Putnam wrote:

> Its going very steady... That is, I've never used a reference... : )

What can I say?  You've got to take the step, if you want to get there.  You will have
plenty
of help.  Until you get these basic structuring skills down you are severely limited
in the
scope of tasks that you can take on.  Focus on mastering the basic concepts of using
references, and paassing them in and out of subroutines as well as using them to build
multi-dimensioal structures of arbitrary complexity.  Mastering and internalizing an
understanding of references, scoping, function calls, and object creation will open
many
doors.

Joseph