I'm wondering if there is a perl module to read from the apache server status screen. Doesn't it tell you the server version running?

Also, when you connect to a web server, doesn't it pass along this information also?

Been awhile since I've worked with web servers (I'm still a perl noob btw). Maybe connect with a perl module to the server (localhost) then parse that info.

Just a thought

JupiterHost.Net wrote:

Thank you Gaffney and Jones for your input.

I may have to parse external program output I suppose. I was hoping there would be a more built in or Modular way to get it. Part of the problem is foo.pl can be run simultaneously by 2 different users so I'm not sure how I'd be able to make foo.pl tell which ps it belongs to.

I suppose I can use the process Id in $$ in the parseing of ps output.

I was hoping for a builtin variable or module that would tell me :)

Any other ways besides parsing external program output?

TIA

Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net