Harry Putnam wrote:

> "Charles K. Clarkson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > HTH,
>
> Definitely and thanks for the examples.  I think I was making this
> more complicated that it needed to be.  It's slowly sinking in what
> all a `return' can do.

Hi Harry,

Glad Charles got you squared away.  I have to say it again, though--you will
make much more progress by focusing on a plain-language description of what you
are trying to accomplish, than by thinking in code.  Or, if you must express
your ideas directly in code, run them in the command line compiler first, to get
the immediately available sanity check, before posting.

The problem with saying "I want to do something like this..." then showing
guesswork code, is that the code you showed already does whatever it does, or
nothing at all if sytax errors preclude compilation.  How do we know, by looking
at code alone, whether the effect, if any, achieved by the code, is the effect
desired?  Did you notice how quickly the issue resolved once Charles figured out
what you wanted--in words?

Joseph