On Mar 29, 2004, at 11:36 PM, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

If you *are* backing-up your system - please see
this first and avoid data loss.  I mean Perl is
great - no doubt.  Sometimes system utils are needed:

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/4644

Well thanks I think.
Your article's main premise does not apply:

"The normal Unix tools which come internal to OSX *do not* work - try them if you don't believe me. They don't work simply because Apple *forgot* to make them HFS+ and MacOS 9 *fork* aware."

Psync is not a normal Unix tool that Apple forgot to retool. Apple supplies modified tools like cpMac and mvMac. Three years ago when that article was written there were resource fork aware tools like ditto.
I'm using psync during my daily cron to incrementally maintain a mirror. I don't want to make pax archives or disk images. I should have been more clear, sorry.
Thanks for replying to me.

.DS_Bill

} Don't be afraid to try something new. } Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic.