Hi again Andrew,

> With the mysql driver, it does return the number of fetched
> rows before you start
> iterating through them. It does what I need it to do. Thanks.

Ok, but that behaviour is probably specific to DBD::MySQL, and can't be
relied upon if you change to another DBD... I would use the more portable
method (maybe even making it a sub to simplify code), but that's up to you.

BTW, you could also check out one of the many DBI abstraction modules if you
want to remove a level of complexity from your code... I'm using Class::DBI
lately, and I find it nice. Makes all the DB interaction higher level, and
the resulting code is cleaner (IMHO of course).

Good luck,

J-S