Morbus> The script was mindlessly simple, and I felt it would be a good HOWTO
Morbus> for the perl beginners crowd, if not to show some good code practices,
Morbus> but also to counteract the . .. .. . "controversial" HOWTO that had
Morbus> been posted a week or so ago. Certainly, if you find this as misguided
Morbus> as his, complain onlist with better examples, or offlist with anger.

Not necessarily a better example, but it's always worth a quick
google of "site:stonehenge.com $YOUR_PERL_KEYWORDS HERE".  In this
case, using "File::Find" and "rename", the first hit is:

     <http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col45.html>

which I wrote fairly recently and covers nearly identical ground.

Seriously, after 192 magazine articles, there's not *much* that isn't
illustrated in that archive of

        http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/UnixReview/
        http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/
        http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/