I have a perl script that FTPs a file down from another server, lately that
file has been corrupt or missing entirely.  What I need to do is check the
file and see if it is greater then X number of bytes, if it is then it needs
to use it, if not it needs to delete the file and use the previous days
file, and email me to tell me it had a bad data set for today.

I am not sure HOW to do the file size check.

I am pretty sure I can just do a system call to sendmail to shoot me the
message.

Thanks!
Robert