WC -Sx- Jones wrote:
> Charles K. Clarkson wrote:
>> Wagner, David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- WGO
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   : 0927 PDT I get 1627 PDT. Now I can do thie my a MKS Kornshell
>>> or MS command prompt.
>>>
>>>     I have tried TZ=PDT, but this seems to have no effect.
>
> It sounds like the time zone for whatever POSIX layer is set to GMT.
>
> The perl command:
> perl -e "print scalar(localtime)"

        When you run the above command it comes back with 1627 PDT when it should have
been 0927 PDT.
> Is giving a different system (local) time?  Maybe this
> will work:  TZ=US/Pacific

        I tried that and I still am off by 8 hrs.

> Does WinXP have a rtc to fiddle with?

        Unsure what rtc is, but looked for timezone file and nothing really there.
Wags ;)

> My Solaris /etc/TIMEZONE file:
>
> TZ=US/Eastern
> CMASK=022
> LC_COLLATE=en_US.ISO8859-1
> LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
> LC_MESSAGES=C
> LC_MONETARY=en_US.ISO8859-1
> LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1
> LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1
>

> --
> _Sx_ http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/ _____
>       http://jaxpm.insecurity.org/
>       http://cis4dl.insecurity.org/

      Any questions and/or problems, please let me know.

      Thanks.

Wags ;)
Int: 9-8-002-2224
Ext: 408-323-4225x2224

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.