KEVIN ZEMBOWER wrote:
Can anyone tell me exactly what's going on here? Right now, my program is just using a bunch of substitution commands to substitute the extended ASCII character, but I don't want to write out every special character using this system. Is there a perl tool or module which would do this for me? I tried using HTML::Entities, but that didn't work. If I just knew the proper term or keywords for what's going on, I could search for it. I tried searching the archives of this list for "ASCII" but didn't get anything pertaining to this problem.

Sorry, I forgot - %E9 is a foreign language set. Non-English.

Cheers!
--
_Sx_ http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/ _____
     http://jaxpm.insecurity.org/