Hi,

I need to find the number of days between two dates. The Perl Cookbook provides this
solution:

use Date::Calc qw(Delta_Days);
@bree = (1981, 6, 16);      # 16 Jun 1981
@nat  = (1973, 1, 18);      # 18 Jan 1973
$difference = Delta_Days(@nat, @bree);

But there's a hook: I need to calculate a room price based on the number of days,
where a day costs $80 during summer (July 1 through September 15) and $55 otherwise
(September 16 through June 30).

Since people can book a room for any interval, I somehow have to integrate the
dividing day and month values, something along the lines of

if $mmdd > 0915 and $mmdd < 0630) ...

in my calculation to allow for any combination of $80 and $55 days.

Any hint on how to proceed from here?

Thanks,

Jan

--