        From: lino_iozzo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thu 5/6/2004 2:51 AM
        To: Tim Johnson
        Subject: RE: how do you install perl on windows 2000

        in my file i have #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

        so why do i need to type at the command prompt:

        perl filename.pl?

        what does this mean: with the file associations already set up in a convenient
MSI file.

        yes you are correct it does work but not the same way it does at work on a
unix system.

        The most frustrating part is that it is just not clear...it is very different
and I can't figure it out.

        Please help further.

        Thank you,

        Lino