Randy W. Sims wrote:

JupiterHost.Net wrote:

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:

On May 16, JupiterHost.Net said:

So the first question is:
To create the tar.gz file needed for upload to cpan I simply tar/gz
ify the NewModule/ directory, correct?

No.

  h2xs ... Foo::Bar
  cd Foo/Bar
  # make the module
  perl Makefile.PL
  make tardist

Excellent! That gives me a bit more to look into, thanks :)

You might also want to try Andy Lester's Module-Starter which is a

Its funny, I was creating a function called ModuleMaker and found that exact module on cpan (surprise its already been done ;p) Thanks for the ideas :)

replacement for some of the h2xs functionality. Also, in the above, you should probably also run 'make disttest' (MakeMaker) or './Build

make disttest would be done after make tardist correct?

disttest' (Module::Build) to test your distribution before uploading it.

Randy.