Lrmk wrote:

> I have never used a computer with linux so I need a very clear answer
> I have a script uploaded to
>
> /home/myusername/public_html/cgi-bin/rating/rank.pl
>
> in my web host
>
> I want it to execute once a week So I am gonna use Cron Jobs I can set the
> timing its very simple
> But I dont know what is the command to execute the above script.
>
> Somebody tell me what should I give to the cron jobs as the "command" ?

1.  Ensure that the script is recognized by the system as a perl script.
    The _FIRST TWO_ characters of the script should be #! followed by
    the FULL absolute path of the perl executable.

----- start of rank.pl -----
#!/usr/bin/perl -T
use warnings;
use strict;
----- the rest of rank.pl follows -----

2.  Ensure that the script is executable by the OWNER of the cron job.

man chmod
man chown

3.  Ensure that any files or programs used by the script include the
FULL
    absolute path of the file or program.

4.  Ensure that the crontab entry uses the FULL absolute path of any
files
    or programs.

John
--