* gohaku <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-05-29T00:28:07]
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if ">>" is an official operator in Perl but I have seen
> ">>" used in conjunction with
> HTML code or Long Strings.
> a google search and perldoc doesn't return any useful information.
> I am looking for code examples that use ">>".

Operators are documented in the "perlop" page of the documentation.  Run
"perldoc perlop" at your shell.

Looking in there for ">>" will net this:

  Binary ">>" returns the value of its left argument shifted right by
  the number of bits specified by the right argument.  Arguments should
  be integers.  (See also "Integer Arithmetic".)

--
rjbs