ok here it what I did and it is emailing sproadically.  Also it is not
placing the array data into the email body???

## Set pragmas

        use strict;
        use Mail::Sendmail;

## Set and edit variables

        my $foreigntapes="/usr/local/log/foreign_tapes.log";
        delete $ENV{'IFS'};
        local $ENV{'PATH'} =
"/usr/epoch/bin:/usr/epoch/EB/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin";
        #print $ENV{'PATH'},"\n";

## Traverse through array and play with data

        open (OUT, ">$foreigntapes") || die "could not open file:$!";
        my @ftapes = grep s/^barcode=//, `evmvol -w label_state=1`;
        print OUT "@ftapes";
        if ( -s OUT ) {
        my %mailman = ( From    => 'EDM01 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',
                     To         => 'Derek Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',
                     Subject    => "Foreign Tapes Found, now attmepting to
label" ,
                     Message    =>  print OUT "@ftapes" );
                     sendmail (%mailman) or die $Mail::Sendmail::error;

                     foreach (@ftapes) {
                           print $_;
                           #`evmlabel -l st_9840_acs_0 -t 9840S -b$_`
                     }
        close (OUT);
        } else {
                my $foo="/tmp/ftapes_runfile";
                open (RUNFILE, ">$foo") || die "could not open runfile:
$!;"
                #exit 0;
        }
        close (RUNFILE);