On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:07:54PM +0100, mike wrote:
> Has anyone ever come accross this wied problem before
>
> I have a script which pulls records from a DB then loops into a form and
> shows each record, with the id no being concatenated to the field name
> to give a unique record id.
>
> However if I have this
> "Banked",textfield(-name=>'bk_amt'.$bank_inv,-value=>$bk_amt1);
>
> the params are zeroed
>
> but if I have this
>
> "Banked",textfield(-name=>' bk_amt'.$bank_inv,-value=>$bk_amt1);
>
> (ie; a space)
> everything is fine
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Can't really tell without seeing your form but my first guess would be
that the HTML for the textfield looks something like this:

    <input type="text" name=" bk_amt" ...>

Meaning that its name actually IS ' bk_amt' and not 'bk_amt'.
Therefore, when you try to access the field name without a space,
there is no such field, so you get nothing.

--Dks