In a message dated 6/17/2004 5:32:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>I knew about that but the problem is most of the users (incuding myself
>;p) will want to print it without the same $header info twice and don't
>want to have a bunch of print scalar whatevr();
>
>If there is no way to tell if fooyou() was called in 'print context'
>then we'll just use scalar, but I was hoping there was a way to tell...
>
>like this would be super nice if such a beast as wantprint existed...
>
>return "$header$data1$data2" if wantprint;
>return ("$header$data1","$header$data2") if wantarray;
>return "$header$data1$data2";

There is no such thing as print context. As it says in perlfunc
"Because print takes a LIST, anything in the LIST is evaluated in list
context, and any subroutine that you call will have one or more of its expressions
evaluated in list context."

-will
http://www.wgunther.tk
(the above message is double rot13 encoded for security reasons)

Most Useful Perl Modules
-strict
-warnings
-Devel::DProf