ALL,

I have 2 variables $last_accessed and $owner_line

$last_accessed=": Last accessed 20-Apr-04.12:57:30 by
[EMAIL PROTECTED]";

$owner_line="Owner: opc_bld          : rwx (all)";

-From $last_accessed i want the foll output in
variables :

$view_day=20
$view_month=Apr
$view_year=04

-From $owner_line i want the foll output in variable:

$owner=opc_bld

How should i split $last_accessed and $owner_line

What i want to do after getting the date,month and
year , is compare it with todays date,
if the difference is greater then 30 days then do
XX,how should i implement in perl.

TIA

jack