Charlene Gentle wrote:
I need a example of how to receive a string (after someone entered
a name for a txt file into a tk-box).  It has to do the following :

1. Send the string to a sub
2. The sub should save the txt file for later use.
3. The file should show in a message box that it has been saved.

1.  If I use a checkbox - how do I get the selected field to brows
for a file - the open that file and  performe the selected sub on
it?
2. The result should then besaved to the file I created in the
first steps.

I may be stupid, but I don't understand what you are talking about. Is it possibly about uploading a file via a form and a CGI script?

Please try to explain what you are trying to accomplish, besides the
details you have already mentioned.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson