It's difficult to answer if you do not post the code with some input to test it, but lets suppose you have this:

my @array;
@array = <FILE>; # slurp whole file

Then is easy to get what you want:

my @lines_with_single_word = grep /^\s*\S+\s*$/,array; # ^\s*\S+\s*$ means beginning of line, 0 or more whitespace, 1 or more non-whitespace (the word), 0 or more ws and the end of line

Naser Ali wrote:

Hello,

I have an array which was created by slurrping a whole text file. There are
certain element in the array after reading the files which contain only one
word. I want to only match those array elements which contain a single word
and print it. Tried every thing but in vain. I must be doing something
wrong, can any one please suggest the right way of doing this.

Thanks