[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello all,

I have written first in PHP and then in Java an app to fetch attachments from a remote
mailbox.

I am not satisfied with Java's libraries as well as its memory requirements and
speedy. Therefore I want to do the same in Perl so that it can run smoothly on my
Linux box.

Because of that I would like to ask some advice and where to find documentation about
it.

The script needs to:
- Read the messages, headers from a mailbox and Download only .zip and .txt
from each message if it has one or more attachments.
- Delete the message.
So, it is kind of a for loop that iterates through the messages lists.

After that I need to uncompress the zip files and process its contents that will be
inserted on a Database.

What are the Perl modules to achieve that? Is there any documentation about it?

Let me be the first to introduce you to cpan :) http://search.cpan.org

You may want to look at the many Mail:: modules (Mail::POP3Client comes to mind) and Archive::Zip for the zip files, and DBI for the database part.

HTH :)

Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net