Please bottom post...

> Ok. Would persons not having access to crontab use this method. If that
> can be done then this should be sufficient for me.

cron doesn't even have to be installed. the point of the module is to
write a very simple script that acts as a scheduler.  Within that script
the scheduler can set its events, then you start the event loop. When
the scheduler sees that it is time to fire an event that event occurs.
No access to cron, crontab, etc. is needed. The only consideration is
bullet-proofing the app such that it starts, stops, crashes, etc.
somewhat safely.  cron has been around a while (shall we say), so it is
very robust, where your implementation may not be as much, but then
apparently there is access privileges yours would have that cron won't.

At least that is my understanding of the module, write a quick sample
script see if it will do what you want.

http://danconia.org