Actually there are null values coming back periodically from the query. I wasn't aware
that the table I was using with the SQL PLUS application is static inside an auxillary
database (with the same name) whereas the table that the Perl script is hitting is
LIVE and periodically gets updated (by the minute). So the times that I was using the
SQL PLUS application, I never saw NULL values there. Sorry for the wasted time.

JC

"perl.org" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:22:26 -0700 (PDT), jason corbett wrote

> $recordlist=join(",",@record); #This statement is causing the problem

I didn't follow the original thread, but if you put:

select nvl( column, '' )

instead of just selecting the column, do you still get the warning?