Hi, I am always grateful for your help.

I use CYGWIN on win-2000 with a “$” prompt and run

my .pl to telnet to a VxWorks station. When I do it manually this is what I follow:

telnet <return>

open 144.248.176.132 <return>

then I get the login prompt which is "VxWorks Login: "

and I enter "marco". then the "password: " which I enter "system"

then I get the vxworks prompt "-> "

here I do a “pwd” and get the result and then the prompt again.

Below is my code but does not log me in.

$ip  = '144.248.176.132' ;

print( "\n- Opening Telnet session to $ip\n" ) ;

   $telnetAte = Net::Telnet -> new( Timeout => 60 ) ;

   $telnetAte -> open( $ip ) ;

   $telnetAte -> waitfor( '/VxWorks login:/' ) ;

   $telnetAte -> print( "marco" ) ;

   $telnetAte -> waitfor( '/Password:/' ) ;

   $telnetAte -> print( "system" ) ;

   $telnetAte -> waitfor( '/\->/' ) ;

   $telnetAte -> prompt( '/\-> $/i' ) ;

is it my code?

Also after login, how can I issue a  cmd such as “pwd” and print the result?

Thank you and regards,

Marco.