jason corbett wrote:
I have a sub routine that I created called dateme.
when i run the sub routine, I am getting errors that Global symbol "$process_date" requires explicit package name at ....What gives?
Thanks,
JC
Here is the snipet
#---called from
dateme( );
sub dateme{

my $process_date=' '; $process_date=localtime( );
return $process_date;

}

There is no problem in this sample code. But somewhere else in your program you must use $process_date without declaring it first.

--
Flemming Greve Skovengaard            The killer's breed or the Demon's seed,
a.k.a Greven, TuxPower                The glamour, the fortune, the pain,