Thanks Bob,

I looked at LWP and it looks great. I will keep it in mind for other applications.

I should have been more clear about what I meant by "simple." I have 100+ clients that need to run this script, and I cannot install any kind of significant Perl modules on them.

I found a file called geturl11.pl (http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/geturl11.pl.txt) that is pretty much self contained (it uses Socket, but that's already installed). "geturl11.pl" opens a socket, builds the HTTP request, parses the reply and saves the data to a file. All I had to do is add "Content-length:" and the contents of my "request.xml" file to GET.

Thanks,

Dan Timis
Muse Research, Inc.