Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to the list.... Please be gentle :)

Just so we are all clear... I am completely lost right from the start
with this one. It is far beyond my current Perl skills and I need some
serious help :)

I want to create a script that searches file_b for the first entry in
file_a (router1 in the below example) and once it finds it I would like
it to change the next occurrence of "Parent Submap: Any string" to
"Parent Submap: second entry in file_a (site1 in the below example)"

It would also need to be case-insensitive.

Can anyone give me a huge push in the right direction?

Thank you.

-Chris

-------------------------------------
External files:
file_a - list of routers and their location
Eg:
router1,site1

file_b - output from an openview map export, contains 1000's of entries
like the below example.
Eg:
SYMBOL: ROUTER1
Object Type: 4
Parent Submap: IP Internet
Symbol Type: Cisco Router:cisco-Rtr1720Family
Label: ROUTER1
Symbol Position: 1:11764x11691+7126+653
Hidden Value: FALSE
Submap Exists: TRUE