Charles K. Clarkson wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Personally I don't know which of all the date related modules
that would fit best, but I'm sure others do. I for one wouldn't
use any module:

    my $time = time;

    sub mydate          {
        my $days = (shift or 0);
        my ($d, $m, $y) = (localtime($time - $days * 86400))[3..5];
        sprintf '%02d.%02d.%02d', $m + 1, $d, $y % 100;
    }

    print 'Today: ', mydate(), "\n";
    print 'Yesterday: ', mydate(1), "\n";

one more thing, shouldn't my $time = time;

be

local $time = time;

even though my is safer and faster, local can be used globally
and called from within any subroutine?

A file scoped my() declared variable can be called from subroutines in that same file, but if you want to access a variable from loaded modules etc., it needs to be a (package) global.

I would probably use $^T in place of $time in this sub.

Then I presume that you are usually not running your programs under mod_perl. ;-)

AFAIK it will always return the time stamp when the script started.

I believe it returns the 'epoch' time at the start of the process, which under mod_perl does not equal the time of the last program invocation.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson