Hi All,

I have a variable I'm reading off of the command line:

my $option = shift;

That variable should hold a number between 1 and 31 (yes, a day of the
month)  I am checking to make sure that the number does indeed lie in
that range.

However, I need to pass that variable to another system command which
expects any "day" value less than 10 to have a leading zero, so 7th
day of the month should say '07'.  How can I check for that leading
zero?  If it's missing, I know I could easily:

$option = "0".$option;

But I can't seem to figure out an easy, clean way to check for it.

--Thanks,

--Errin