Hi all,

What I would like to do is from a string that represents a Primary Navigation item on
our menu

e.g News & events

create a filename.

I firstly need to remove any invalid characters (including spaces)

$filename = 'News & events';
$filename =~ s/[<sup>\w\&amp;%'[EMAIL PROTECTED](\)&amp;_\</sup>\+,\.=\[\]]//g;

then convert it to lowercase.

The  regex I found on the web throws an error and as a Perl newbie I don't know why?

Regards
Colin

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that
intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the
author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no
liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in
writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do
not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is
confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege.

If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author and delete this
message immediately.