On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, JupiterHost.Net wrote:

> I'd like the line to change as it runs, sort of an animated delivery:

I've seen a Damian Conway presentation where he faked out this behavior
by prefixing all output with enough backspace ("\h") characters to wipe
out the previous output and display a new line.

The "right" way to do this may be one of the Term::* modules, but this
approach worked well enough to fool a room full of Perl mongers into
thinking he was doing something much more clever than he really was...

--
Chris Devers