> Hello together,
> I want to use a perl-script with the Net::FTP-Package to transfer
files over
> the net. At this time I have only ftp, no ssh, no sftp.
> Therefore I need a user and password for the ftp-access. Now the user and
> password are hardcoded as strings ( as plain ascii ) in my script and
this I
> want to change, because of several reasons ;-))
> What is the best solution for this problem?
>
> Gruss Christian

Accept the username/password as an input, such as from the command line.
or switch to SSH.  Why does it matter if they are hardcoded, assuming I
am on the box and can read your script then most likely I can intercept
the packets and retrieve them that way, security through obscurity isn't
worth the time.

http://danconia.org