Microsoft Scheduler also sucks but not quite as bad as "at".  I'd look into the
Windows Cron first but you can also run a daemon (below).

#your shebang

use strict;
use POSIX;

# Start the loop for the daemon....
while(1) {
        my(@now) = localtime();
        my($today) = POSIX::strftime( "%m/%d/%Y", @now);
        my($time) = POSIX::strftime( "%H:%M", @now);
        print "Running 5 minute jobs | $today | $time\n";

        system ( 'perl yourScript.pl' );

        sleep 300;  # 5 minute intervals
}