Hi Folks,

I'm trying to pull a use case description out of a text file (actually
an MS Word doc, but I've already used Win32:OLE to pull the text).

The converted text comes out something along the lines of....

Version Change Date Changed By Change Description 1 Date A.N. Other
Initial Revision. Validate Customer Description This is the text I
want out. blah blah blah etc.

(validate customer is just an example, this name changes for each file)

The regex I'm using is in this format:
$phrases{"Description(.+)\."} = counter++;
I'm pulling the text from OLE and then using a foreach to get all the
matches out.

I'm processing 10,000 documents, so I deff. don't want to use OLE and
word to navigate the text (I could based on the formatting)

Now the problem I can't fix is I want to get the text between the word
"Description" and the next full stop, but in the file there is also a
"Change Description", that also matches.

How can I construct a regex that says...

Get the text between the word "Description" and the next full stop as
long as it's NOT preceded by the word "Change".

tia
--
Colm