On Sep 21, Jeremy Kister said:

>how is the (PROTO) operator in 'sub NAME (PROTO) {' supposed to be useful ?

Prototypes are only useful:

1. when the function is prototyped BEFORE it is called,
2. when the function is called without an &, and
3. when the function is not a method of an object.

See the documentation for prototypes.  Chances are, you don't need them.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service