Ok here is the deal, our admin is trying to install DBD::Oracle for me to
access one of our affiliates databases. The oracle "instant basic client"
and "sqlplus" has been installed as well as GetOpt::Long.

The installations all went well except for DBD::Oracle, it fails to
install, I am pretty sure because Oracle is NOT installed on this machine,
and will NOT be installed on this machine.

SOOOO here is the actual situation, we cannot NFS mount the remote DB
server in order to use that path as ORACLE_HOME, We cannot install Oracle
on our machine, is there a way to get DBD::Oracle built and installed on
my machine, without the Oracle files locally?

OH, btw, I cannot FTP the files from the DB server to my machine either,
this is a case of a partner company at an international location, with
limited (very limited) access to the actual DB server, which is why I am
scripting the queries from my machine and just getting the data I need
from them.

Oh and P.S. my machine is Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon
Update 3) 2.4.21-15.0.4.EL  .

Chris Hood
Investigator Verizon Global Security Operations Center
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Desk: 972.399.5900
Verizon Proprietary