Chris Devers wrote:

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, ivan wrote:

Exists not any easy way to install this DateTime::HiRes with all modules it depend from?

There is a tool called "the CPAN shell" which automates the process of finding modules, downloading & unpacking them, checking dependencies, then building, testing, and installing everything. This is much, much easier than building everything by hand.

To run this tool, you need to run this command:

   $ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

or as root, simply

   # perl -MCPAN -e shell

The first time you run it, you will be asked a series of questions. For most of these questions, the defaults are fine, but skim them over. The setup process should take around five minutes.

When setup is done, you get a prompt like this:

   cpan>

You can hit "?" for help here, or you can just plunge in with:

   cpan> install DateTime::HiRes

This will download, build, and install DateTime::HiRes, and it will also find, download, and build any needed dependencies.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer.
It helped me and I solved this problem.

I have one more question ):.

I need also suidperl.
As I readet it exists separate rpm for redhat and I downloadet it.
But it is only src rpm and I do not know how to install it.

Exists any binary for download that I can use to install this suidperl?

many thanks,
ivan.