On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Ajey Kulkarni wrote:

> XMLin() requires either XML::SAX or XML::Parser at line number blah blah.
> I actually copied these two perl modules in the right place but still then
> my script is not able to find these.(in @INC).

What is XMLin() ?

Ahh, I see, it's a method provided by XML::Simple:

    <http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/lib/XML/Simple.html#XMLin()>

Ok, so, how did you get XML::Simple installed without one or the other
of the two required modules? Did you manually copy, or `force install`?

It sounds like all three modules may be out of whack.

The easiest approach is to install them all with the CPAN shell.

    $ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

If you haven't run this before, you will spend the next five minutes or
so answering questions about your environment. In most cases, you can
just hit enter to accept the defaults that are suggested to you.

Once setup is complete, the shell launches with a

    cpan>

prompt. You need to install one of the prerequisites, then XML::Simple :

    cpan> install XML::Parser
    cpan> install XML::Simple

Once these complete, programs using XML::Simple methods such as XMLin()
should begin to work normally.

--
Chris Devers